Office Printed documents are the least secure ?
Enforce document security with ordinary tools
Very few organizations have taken a look at actually putting measures to deter all the bad things people want to do to your office documents
- Using Normal Office printers - No Special Printers .
- Using plain A4 paper - No special papers .
- Using plain laser printer toners - No Special toners .
- Add Security Toner - Only if you want to .
Office printing Security
In this overview , we focus on printing in the office . Today , most organizations outsource security printing to security printers , and these companies use special paper , specail printing techniques .
Outsourcing has limitations
- They do not handle internal ERP and core business application printing .
- Companies would like to secure specific variable data , not use only static security marks .
- Companies would like to trace and track.
- Companies would like to deter many areas of mischief and malice .
What bad things do people want to do to your printed documents?
Two important points for discussion . One , there is little doubt that people want to do some bad things to your printed documents . Two , all this time , very few managers , CIO's and Finance people are aware that there is no technology to deter these mischevious or malicious intents , and that this can be done within confines of office printing . They include :
- Unauthorized Photocopy .
- Attempted Alteration .
- Subsequent presentation of altered information on original document .
- Misrepresentation .
- Outright Fraud.
- Data Leakage , Data Peeking and Unauthorzed collection of information.
- Protecting Your document can now be done
- On Normal Office Printers - NO SPECIAL PRINTERS .
- On Normal Office Printer Toners - NO SPECIAL TONERS (ALTHOUGH YOU MAY WANT TO ADD SPECIAL TONER AS AN ADDITIONAL MEASURE .
- On Normal Office PAPER - NO SPECIAL PAPERS OR SPECIAL SECURITY PAPERS .
- From any application , ERP , custom developed in house , core applications .
- Along and together with other office printing requirements , barcodes , stapling , inserting .
Call us for any hardcopy security requirements ..
Even before hardcopy is produced in the office , the solutions deployed for printing must so call " Protect the documents as follows :
- Before Printing-Protect the document before it reachs the office printer using encryption and decryption is done at the final destination , inside the printer itself .
- During Printing-Protect the document when it is at office printer by providing solid Authentication methodology , while providing the customer the widest choice of authentication .
- After Printing -Protect the document after it leaves the office printer with mulitple protection marks .
Security applied on office paper , using office printers and
- Any hardcopy that is produced in the office ,must have the capacity as a target for protection .The solutions deployed for printing must
so call " Protect the documents as follows :The different types of marks possible on the printed page :
- 2D Barcodes .
- 2D Barcodes that are encrypted .
- Repeating patterns that are difficult to alter .
- Jon Stamping .
- MICR cheque printing .
- Other Hardcopy security include :
- MICR Toner
- Security Toner