GST Implementations and Printing
As far as Printing or document output or document creation requirements are concerned , GST implementations belongs to the category of regulatory , compliance and special requirements. Printing is affected because templates , for examples , on invoices need to be changed , and these changes need to be done by a certain deadline .
Compliance and Document Creation/Printing
Special Printing requirements
Who makes these demands ?
The following people who may make special demands on you to change quickly and accurately , and comply to special printing needs :
- a) Regulatory , Compliance and Government Agencies , as in the case of Tax Invoices and GST .
- b) Your Major Suppliers , who may demand , for provide them Purchase Orders or Invoices with something that helps their internal processes .
- c) Your Major Customers .
- a) They generally come with deadlines attached . For example , all GST Tax Invoices have to be printed in a certain way by a certain time .
- b) They generally require output to come from either your ERP , your in house developed core application , or some legacy system .
- i) Those systems are not very good at printing .
- ii) At least they are not good at complex printing .
- iii) At the moment , many organizations leave it to their ERP vendor to deal with template changes .
- a) This will likely cost more time .
- b) This will likely cost more money .
- c) The power and the capability to make changes belong to the ERP Vendor .
Take Charge of Printing to deal with Compliance
- Print Formatting , Print Template designs for most major documents should be taken over by a Special Formatting Software - We recomment to remove Output forms programing away from ERP and applications and deliver it to a special formatting software .
Input and Output
- Input Sources - Can be from :
- Legacy Systems.
- In House Developed applications .
- Any applications that generate invoices ( like GST Tax Invoices ) , statements and other important documents . The only condition is that these applications are able to generate standard text based output files or csv files .
- Input Formats - Can be :
- CSV .
- Text Based PDF .
- Fixed Length Spool files .
- Spool files with Form Feed Commands .
Output Destinations can be
- PCL 5 Laser Printers .
- PCL 5 New Generation Inkjet Printers and MFP's
- ECM and archival systems .
- Sharepoint .
- Email .
Time to take charge
When compliance and regulatory requirements impact Printing output , they can be usually challenging , in fact unusually challenging for the follwing reasons :
- There is a deadline - You need a faster way than asking your ERP vendors to handle this .
- There could be some complex printinf requirements - Barcodes , Special marks , foreign language . ERP and Application programmers are not equipped to do this . What does it mean they are not equipped to do this > It means
- They cannot do it fast enough .
- They cannot do it within budget limits .
- They cannot do it accurately enough .
- They cannot do it at all .
- They do not have time to do it .
Tools for Instant Self Service Output Design
- Key Features and Benefits
- WYSWYG Design.
- No programming knowledge of PCL printer programming needed to design complex forms , Sends Escape Sequences to Printer Base Intelligent modules.
- Barcode capabilities.
- Sends Escape Sequences to Printer Base Intelligent modules.
- Conditional Formatting.
- Multi Part forms with intelligent selection of correct form.
- Accepts text input from any ERP or application .
- Supports Color Printers with Conditional Color .